(See below for special events – pre-booking essential, for your own protection access to the property is only granted to those people with paid up pre-bookings.)
We now offer our popular gourmet country lunches 7 days a week. Wickedfood Earth Farm prepares a mezze country lunch, using the very best local grown, seasonal produce. Our country lunches, cooked by the country cooking school team, are built around the best naturally grown ingredients available from Wickedfood Earth Farm and surrounding small scale producers. The Wickedfood Earth Farm food gardens around the lunch area have been internationally recognized by Slow Food. A number of items offered on our lunch platters are also available for sale through our farm deli on the day that we hold events and country lunches on the farm. For certain items it is advisable to pre-order to avoid disappointment.
In-depth food experiences
We also now have limited accommodation for up to 4 people, and so are offering weekend or 2 day in-depth food experiences tailor-made to your food interests. More…
Wickedfood Earth Farm & Country Cooking School is proud to be a member of Slow Food Chefs’ Alliance, South Africa. The Alliance is an international network of chefs who are committed to promoting small-scale, locally produced “good, clean and fair” foods, safeguarding agricultural biodiversity at risk of extinction and giving visibility and the proper value to their supplying producers.
Our lunches are in the form of a selection of ±15 generous mezze dishes to share, all prepared with a strong emphases on our seasonal farm produce including:
- Freshly baked farm bread, baked in the country cooking school’s kitchens;
- award winning artisan cured meats and farm made soft cheeses made at the country cooking school;
- farm made pâtés, pies, and terrines;
- homemade pickles all produced in the country cooking school kitchens;
- freshly made dips from organically grown vegetables and herbs (we even make our own tahini sauce) from the country cooking school’s internationally recognized food gardens;
- imaginative salads of fruit and vegetables also from the country cooking school’s food gardens;
- Farm-made seasonal dessert.
- Mezze country lunch, served from 12 to 2pm – From R295pp (see separate costings for special lunches, subject to availability and a minimum charge for 4 people);
- Please note we are not licensed so you are welcome to bring your own drinks and ice. We supply jugs of chilled water on the tables.
Space for these special exclusive lunch events, at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, is limited to a maximum of 40, so book early to avoid disappointment. Guests will have a choice of sitting at our magnificent communal long table, or for parties of 4, 6, 8 or 10 at their own tables (or with enough lead-in time, you can book the venue for an exclusive event). For more information, or to book Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org Up-front booking essential, no booking confirmed without payment in full, no refunds, no children under 12 (terms and conditions apply). For your own protection, access to the property is only granted those people with bookings.
Apart from our Mezze country lunches the cooking school at Wickedfood Earth Farm hosts a number of exclusive 3 to 5 course Sunday lunches, to showcase the flavourful antibiotic and growth hormone-free veld-raised meat that we produce on the farm.
Special Event Dates:
- Saturday 6 July, Pedi lamb feast – building on the success of last Pedi events at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, the cooking school plans once again to showcase that veld-raised Pedi lamb and mutton have more flavour than most lamb from the famed Karoo meat. The cooking school chef will be using unique cooking methods and seasonal produce to create a memorable feast with a fusion of Mexican and Middle Eastern undertones more…..;
- Sunday 4 August, Suckling Pig Lunch – 4-course meal, prepared by the cooking school team, including a selection of farm cured meats, to wood roasted suckling pig, accompanied by farm grown winter crops and preserves.
- Sunday 25 August, Venison Tasting Menu – Join the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School team for a delicious venison tasting feast. This lunch forms part of our themed exclusive Sunday lunches to showcase how flavourful antibiotic and growth hormone-free veld-raised meat is. We will be offering a 4-course mezze menu of ±15 dishes, showcasing the best of venison from different animals, taking traditional South African recipes and giving them a facelift, from our popular air dried carpaccio, pâtés and terrines, to succulent wood roasted venison, served with farm grown winter vegetables, and of course a hearty winter pudding.
For more information, or to book Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com Up-front booking essential, no booking confirmed without payment in full, no refunds, no children under 12 (terms and conditions apply). For your own protection, access to the property is only granted those people with bookings.
Wickedfood Earth Farm Country cooking School is pleased to announce that we have joined forces with Oryx Desert Salt as our official supplier of salt. We believe that this is a superior salt to most of the other salts available as it is totally natural – no additives, no anti-clumping agents, and no preservatives. It is unrefined and unprocessed. Dried by the hot African desert sun from an underground brine lake, it takes only 4 weeks for the salt to crystalise.
Building on the success of out last Pedi event, we once again showcased that veld-raised Pedi lamb and mutton has more flavour than most Lamb from the famed Karoo meat. We used unique cooking methods and seasonal produce to create a memorable event. (R350pp). More….
In celebration of our new Kolbroek breeding programme, Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School hosted a lunch bridging together 2 generations of our breeding programme. This 4-course meal included a selection of the cooking school’s farm cured meats, to wood roasted suckling pig, accompanied by farm grown winter crops including blue sweet potato and flat white boer pumpkin. More…
All beef from Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School is veld-raised on the farm, slaughtered, hung and butchered locally. The Cooking School chefs showcased true nose to tail eating, through some very different beef preparation, cooking and presentation techniques. It was a 4-course meal to remember, that you would very seldom have had the opportunity to sample – a truly once-off beef event. (R350pp). More…
A Venison 4-course feast, showcasing the best of venison, using traditional South African recipes and giving them a facelift. Dishes include Wickedfood Earth’s farm made air dried carpaccio, pâtés and terrines, to succulent wood roasted leg of venison, and pan fried pancetta wrapped loin, served with farm-grown winter vegetables, and of course, a hearty winter pudding. More…