Country Farm Fare
including 2 hands-on cooking classes over 2 days
From R3 450pp (minimum 2 people), including all meals and accommodation for 2 nights (based on 2 people sharing a room, R600 single supplement for the 2 nights).
“…. awesome weekend to just enjoy the quietness of the countryside, good food and good company! I learned a lot, our room was comfy and the garden was so inspiring. Thank you for making us feel so welcome…..“ – Tripadvisor
Spend 2 nights at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School and get an insight into the workings of our organic farm and cooking with our delicious ingredients. We specialize in produce-driven seasonal food, using ingredients grown on our farm and surrounding organic small-scale farmers, as well as veld-raised animals, including indigenous Pedi sheep, beef and free-range pork. Over the two days immerse yourself in food, including all meals, as well as participate in 2 in-depth food workshops on how to make the best of seasonal produce. Please note we are also able to develop special vegetarian and vegan workshops, with all food for the duration of the experience being vegetarian and/or vegan.
Arrive mid-afternoon. We’ll introduce you to classic cooking of well-aged meats (either pork, lamb or beef, whatever we’ve recently slaughtered) over an open fire, South African style, with some unique sauces and sides, matched to the meat.
After coffee and rusks, tour the food gardens, selecting organic seasonal produce to use to prepare together for a casual mezze brunch, and a 4-course gourmet dinner. Mezze brunch will include freshly baked scones that we will have made together, a delicious farm-cured meat platter, eggs, and preserves.
- the starter could be a fresh vegetable soup, grilled figs wrapped in prosciutto, or a fresh tomato tart;
- first course – a light pasta, grilled asparagus with a farm butter sauce, or maybe a pâté or terrine;
- the main course will be a real feast, including our special meat, maybe a slow roast lamb shank or pan-fried well-aged beef with a port and red wine sauce, steamed mealie bread, potato gratin or something more traditional like samp and beans, and of course farm-fresh cooked vegetables or salad;
- dessert, always a highlight on the farm from berry ice cream and seasonal fruit to tarts, and hearty winter-baked puddings with local clotted cream.
Take a guided tour around the farm. Then back to the kitchen for a final breakfast – Farm-baked bread, eggs Benedict farm style, jam with farm butter, and a selection of cold meats, preserves and pickles.
We can also tailor make an experience, especially for you. For further information on any of the food experiences we offer, as well as costings, please contact:
Booking: To purchase a gift voucher online for a 2-day experience, Specialised Functions, bookings and information – Cilla 076 236-2345 firstname.lastname@example.org
Project manager, non-booking operational info – Mike Crewe-Brown 060 761-0885 email@example.com
By booking it is understood that these Terms and Conditions are understood and accepted by all participants and that the booking agent or organizer of the group has explained these Terms to all participants
- Wickedfood Earth is a smoke-free area, with one designated area for smoking.
- Experiences content may change from time to time. We supply all ingredients, extensive notes and the use of an apron to wear while cooking (we sell retail aprons @ R200 per apron).
- As these are hands-on classes, we suggest that participants come comfortably dressed, preferably in jeans/shorts and T-shirt, with flat gym shoes, as leather soles are inclined to slip.
- We reserve the right to allow additional people to join the any one of the modules of the various class, for up to 12 students for any one class.
- We are not licensed. Please bring your own, we can supply glasses. Please bring ice to keep drinks cold.
- As these experiences are very popular we suggest that clients book at their earliest convenience. To confirm bookings we require a 50% non-refundable deposit within 3 days of booking, with the balance paid not later than 14 days prior to the event (experiences will not be run, and we reserve the right to re-sell the date, if full fees are not received 14 days prior). Once bookings have been confirmed, no changes to the dates will be considered if these changes are made less than 14 days prior to the original date, and no refunds will be considered.
- The object of the school is to teach cooking skills in a fun environment, and the emphasis is on hands-on cooking, having fun and socialising. To ensure that our instructors have control, we are unable to accommodate individuals who are rowdy and unruly as this inevitably leads to a breakdown of the event creating an unpleasant environment. We reserve the right to terminate the event prematurely should the group become too unruly and we will not consider any refunds. The booking agent or organizer of the group will be held liable for costs arising from damages caused to property and equipment due to negligence on the part of unruly students.
- Although every precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of participants, their belongings and their vehicles, Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School and its staff cannot be held responsible for any injuries or other mishaps that may occur while on the premises. By booking for an experience it is understood that these Terms and Conditions are understood, and accepted by all participants and that the booking agent or organizer of the group has explained these Terms and Conditions to all participants.