Spend a relaxing half- to a few days of pure food indulgence on a working organic farm, with hosts, Cilla and Mike, as they share their food experiences, in-depth knowledge, favourite recipes and delicious seasonal food, and stay over if you wish. Through our Food Experience Cooking Workshops you get to choose when to cook (morning, afternoon or evening) and what style of food you want to cook (from Seasonal Country Fare to different Foods of the World menus). Or you can join one of our scheduled food workshops.
At Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, you have a wide choice of cooking options from:
- Country farm fare at its finest and get an insight into the farm’s workings. We specialize in produce-driven seasonal food, using ingredients from our internationally recognized food gardens, orchards and veld-raised animals, including a flock of indigenous Pedi sheep More …..
- To in-depth cuisine driven Foods of the World experiences where we explore different cooking styles from around the world, from Asian Street Market Food to Chinese dim sum, tagines, couscous and spices of North Africa, food of Lebanon, Indian curries, Italian, classic French, flavours of Mexico, and a lot more. More…
What guests are saying on Tripadvisor
- ” ……we learnt about loads of different flavours and techniques…..really worth it!! We absolutely loved our hosts, Mike and Cilla, they really went out of their way to make sure we had a great time…..” – Jesse;
- “….awesome day with Mike and Cilla. Great variety of recipes and home grown produce and really enjoyed getting the chance to taste everything…..” – Kerry;
- “….Fantastic day, fantastic food, fantastic people. Mike and Cilla bring out the best of there home grown produce and live stock….” – Jude;
- “…. awesome weekend to just enjoy the quietness of the countryside, good food and good company! I learned a lot, our room was comfy and the garden so inspiring. Thank you for making us feel so welcome…..”
- “….. Our Lebanese food experience over the weekend was unique and special …. Mike and Cilla are great hosts and the farm is a lovely setting to rest and unwind..…” – Petronel.
Overview of Food Experiences on offer
(you can also purchase a gift voucher on-line for an experience, click here)
- 1 hands-on cooking workshop;
- all ingredients and lunch.
- 1 hands-on cooking workshop, all ingredients and lunch, (or dinner) after the workshop;
- up to 2 nights accommodation, minimum 2 people, based on 2 people sharing a room, R500 single room supplement;
- all breakfasts.
Full day cooking experience with 2 nights’ accommodation – From R1 990pp, dependent on programme chosen (click here for programmes available). including:
- 2 hands-on cooking workshops (morning and late afternoon), all ingredients;
- lunch, and dinner on day 2, after each workshop;
- 2 nights’ accommodation, minimum 2 people, based on 2 people sharing a room, R500 single room supplement;
- Farm breakfast each day.
- in-depth tour of the food gardens and farm;
- 3 hands-on cooking classes over 2 days;
- all meals – 3-course gourmet dinner on day 1, breakfast, lunch and dinner on day 2, and brunch on day 3;
- 2 nights’ accommodation, minimum 2 people, based on 2 people sharing a room, R500 single room supplement;.
Our cooking style
Has its roots in Africa, with multi-ethnic world influences, showcasing the cultural cuisines of the various immigrants who settled and cooked in the area over the last 400-odd years. For the past 20 years Mike has been sharing his food passion with visitors from around the world. As a renowned cook and food anthropologist he has traveled extensively to explore food influences and cooking styles of different cultures. He has received many accolades over the years including Slow Food’s Food Heroes award for “development of rare breeds and education on sustainable food and farming.” In 2018 he was invited to become a member of Slow Food Chefs’ Alliance, South Africa. Mike shares these experiences with you, as well as giving you his in-depth philosophy to humane sustainable farming practises. All cooking classes are hands-on in our custom-built teaching kitchen.
From R2 900pp (minimum 2 people) including 3 hands-on cooking classes over 2 days, all meals and accommodation for 2 nights (based on 2 people sharing a room, R500 single supplement for the 2 nights).
Spend 2 nights at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School and get an insight into the workings of our organic farm and cooking with our delicious ingredients. We specialize in produce-driven seasonal food, using ingredients grown on our farm and surrounding organic small-scale farmers, as well as veld-raised animals, including indigenous Pedi sheep, beef and free-range pork. Over the two days immerse yourself in food, including all meals, as well as participate in 3 in-depth food workshops on how to make the best of seasonal produce. More…..
From R1 990pp – minimum 2 people including 2 hands-on cooking workshops, all meals as indicated, and accommodation for up to 2 nights (based on 2 people sharing a room, R500 single supplement).
For the past 30 years, as an award winning photo journalist, renowned cook and food anthropologist, Mike has traveled extensively around the world to explore food influences of different cultures. In these series of workshops he shares his food experiences with you. More…
From R750pp – minimum 4 people (2 people if staying over). 1 hands-on cooking workshop, all ingredients and lunch, or dinner if staying over (we reserve the right to allow up to 4 additional people to join the workshop, making a total of 8).
Spend a relaxing half-day of pure food indulgence at our working organic farm, enjoying a half-day cooking workshop at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School. Cook from one of our many mouth-watering menus form Country farm seasonal food, where you will get an insight into the farm’s workings, to one of our in-depth cuisine driven Foods of the World experiences. More…
We can also tailor make an experience especially for you. For further information on any of the food experiences we offer, as well as costings, please contact:
Mike: 060 761-0885 email@example.com
To purchase a gift voucher on-line for a food experience, click here
All activities held at Wickedfood Earth Farm are subject to our standard terms and conditions.