Agri Country Lunches
(Click here for special events – pre-booking essential, for your own protection access to the property is only granted to those people with paid up pre-bookings.)
We now offer our popular gourmet country lunches 7 days a week (subject to a minimum booking of 8 people, booked at least 7day’s prior to the event and subject to availability of the venue). Wickedfood Earth Farm prepares a mezze country lunch, using the very best local grown, seasonal produce. Our country lunches, cooked by the country cooking school team, are built around the naturally grown ingredients available from Wickedfood Earth Farm and surrounding small scale producers. The Wickedfood Earth Farm food gardens around the lunch area have been internationally recognized by Slow Food. A number of items offered on our lunch platters are also available for sale through our farm deli on the day that we hold events and country lunches on the farm. For certain items it is advisable to pre-order to avoid disappointment.
Wickedfood Earth Farm & Country Cooking School is proud to be a member of Slow Food Chefs’ Alliance, South Africa. The Alliance is an international network of chefs who are committed to promoting small-scale, locally produced “good, clean and fair” foods, safeguarding agricultural biodiversity at risk of extinction and giving visibility and the proper value to their supplying producers.
Our lunches are in the form of a selection of ±15 generous mezze dishes to share, all prepared with a strong emphases on our seasonal farm produce including:
- Freshly baked farm bread, baked in the country cooking school’s kitchens;
- award winning artisan cured meats and farm made soft cheeses made at the country cooking school;
- farm made pâtés, pies, and terrines;
- homemade pickles all produced in the country cooking school kitchens;
- freshly made dips from organically grown vegetables and herbs (we even make our own tahini sauce) from the country cooking school’s internationally recognized food gardens;
- imaginative salads of fruit and vegetables also from the country cooking school’s food gardens;
- Farm-made seasonal dessert.
- Mezze country lunch, served from 12 to 2pm – From R450pp (see separate costings for special lunches), subject to availability and a minimum charge for 8 people;
- Please note we are not licensed so you are welcome to bring your own drinks and ice. We supply jugs of chilled water on the tables.
Space for these special exclusive lunch events, at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, is limited to a maximum of 40, so book early to avoid disappointment. Guests will have a choice of sitting at our magnificent communal long table, or for parties of 4, 6, 8 or 10 at their own tables (or with enough lead-in time, you can book the venue for an exclusive event). For more information, or to book Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com Up-front booking essential, no booking confirmed without payment in full, no refunds, no children under 12 (terms and conditions apply). For your own protection, access to the property is only granted those people with bookings.
We also now have limited accommodation for up to 4 people, and are offering 1 and 2 day in-depth food experiences tailor-made to your food interests. More…
For more information, or to book Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org Up-front booking essential, no booking confirmed without payment in full, no refunds, no children under 12 (terms and conditions apply). For your own protection, access to the property is only granted those people with bookings.
Wickedfood Earth Farm Country cooking School is pleased to announce that we have joined forces with Oryx Desert Salt as our official supplier of salt. We believe that this is a superior salt to most of the other salts available as it is totally natural – no additives, no anti-clumping agents, and no preservatives. It is unrefined and unprocessed. Dried by the hot African desert sun from an underground brine lake, it takes only 4 weeks for the salt to crystalise.
All activities held at Wickedfood Earth Farm are subject to our standard terms and conditions.