Charcuterie Workshops around South Africa
This year for the first time the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School Team is planning a series of Charcuterie Workshop roadshows around South Africa. Over the winter, between the workshops we will be running from Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School in Gauteng, we will also be travelling around the country visiting smaller farming communities and running 2-day hands-on workshops. So far we are doing:
- Cradock – 14 to 15 May (only 2 spaces left)
- Clarens – 18 to 19 May (only 4 spaces left)
- KZN – June
- Western Cape Franschhoek – 12 to 13 July;
- Western Cape Stanford – 16 to 17 July;
Should you have the facilities and feel you could get from 8 to 12 people together in your area, we would love to take the roadshow to you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
In-depth 2-day charcuterie workshop
From 9:30am on both days. R3 495pp. An introduction to the wonderful world of charcuterie. This hands-on 2 full day workshop, includes all ingredients and lunch on both days. In this charcuterie workshop we will introduce you to the basics of the three main arts of meat curing – whole muscle curing, how to make 2 classic pork sausages, and the basics of making salami.
Techniques covered include:
Day one – Pork butchery and Whole muscle curing
- The science and theory of whole muscle curing – extensive notes and explanation of exactly how the process works including the use of different salts, drying and smoking techniques.
- How to break down a pig for charcuterie – hands-on demonstration of how to break down a pig carcass and the different charcuterie cuts;
- Whole Muscle Curing – the basics of dry curing for pancetta, bacon and coppa;
Day two – Making of Sausage and Salami
- The science and theory of making wet and dry sausage – extensive notes and explanation of exactly how the process works including salting, spicing, cultures, grinding, filling and drying.
- The basics of making 2 perfect pork sausages – for two very different classic pork sausages;
- Meat fermentation and how to make a basic pork salami – how spices and preservatives work, and grinding, stuffing and drying a classic salami.
To book Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com
For more information on the charcuterie workshops contact Mike 060 761-0885.