Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School Food Experience
2 night accommodation with Breakfast, and
1 Foods of the World workshop.
To purchase a gift voucher on-line for a 1-day experience, click here
From R1 750pp (bassed on our R950 priced workshops, other pricing on request) – minimum 2 people including 1 hands-on cooking workshop, with a meal, and accommodation with breakfast for up to 2 nights (based on 2 people sharing a room, R600 single supplement).
“….. Our Lebanese food experience over the weekend was unique and special …. Mike and Cilla are great hosts and the farm is a lovely setting to rest and unwind..…” – Petronel, Tripadvisor
Spend a relaxing one to two nights together with a half day of pure food indulgence at our working organic farm, Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School. We’ll teach you to cook food from one of our in-depth cuisine driven Foods of the World experiences. Together, in 1 hands-on master-class workshops, we will explore one of the different cooking styles from around the world, from Thai Street Market Food, to the fresh healthy flavours of the Vietnamese kitchen; Chinese dim sum; tagines, couscous and spices of North Africa; Food of Lebanon; Indian curries; Italian pasta making and beyond; the secrets of classic French food; the flavours of Mexico; or any other world cuisine (we reserve the right to allow additional people to join either of cooking classes, making a total of 8 people maximum for the either workshop).
We are flexible on how we run these workshops and cooking classes and can tailor make a programme to fit your groups needs. From experience however we know that the programme below is well balanced, giving enough time in both the kitchen, as well as to relax, enjoy the farm life and of course delicious food. Please note we are also able to develop special vegetarian and vegan workshops, with all food for the duration of the experience being vegetarian and/or vegan.
We suggest the following:
First night – optional check-in late afternoon, or early evening. Enjoy dinner at one of the local restaurants (or we can make a special 3-course dinner at R290pp).
Day 1 – hearty farm breakfast (or arrive at ±8:30 – 9 am – check-in) ;
- ±10am or 3:30 pm – run through the menu and start the cooking workshop followed by lunch or dinner.
- ±8:30am – hearty farm breakfast and then depart (checkout 10 am).
Once you’ve decided on a theme, let Cilla know and we’ll work out a more detailed programme. Please also let us know upfront if you have any food allergies or dislikes.
Please note we are not licenced and you are welcome to bring your own drinks and ice, including soft drinks. We supply glasses.
Our cooking style at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School has its roots in Africa, with multi-ethnic world influences, showcasing the cultural cuisines of the various immigrants who settled and cooked in the area over the last 400-odd years. For the past 30 years, Mike has been sharing his food passion with visitors from around the world. As an award-winning photo journalist, renowned cook and food anthropologist he has travelled extensively to explore food influences and cooking styles of different cultures. He has received many accolades over the years including Slow Food’s Food Heroes award for “development of rare breeds and education on sustainable food and farming.” In 2018 he was invited to become a member of Slow Food Chefs’ Alliance, South Africa. In this series of workshops, Mike shares these experiences with you, as well as giving you his in-depth philosophy for humane sustainable food practices. All cooking classes and food workshops are hands-on in our custom-built teaching kitchen.
For further information on any of the food experiences we offer, as well as costings, please contact our offices – Cilla@wickedfood.co.za
Cilla 076 236-2345 email@example.com
To purchase a gift voucher online for a 1-day experience, click here
By booking it is understood that these Terms and Conditions are understood and accepted by all participants and that the booking agent or organizer of the group has explained these Terms to all participants
- Wickedfood Earth is a smoke-free area, with one designated area for smoking.
- We reserve the right to allow additional people to join the class, making a total of 8 for any workshop.
- Experiences content may change from time to time. We supply all ingredients, extensive notes and the use of an apron to wear while cooking (we sell retail aprons @ R200 per apron).
- As these are hands-on classes, we suggest that participants come comfortably dressed, preferably in jeans/shorts and T-shirt, with flat gym shoes, as leather soles are inclined to slip.
- We are not licensed. Please bring your own, we can supply glasses. Please bring ice to keep drinks cold.
- As these experiences are very popular we suggest that clients book at their earliest convenience. To confirm bookings we require a 50% non-refundable deposit within 3 days of booking, with the balance paid not later than 14 days prior to the event (experiences will not be run, and we reserve the right to re-sell the date if full fees are not received 14 days prior). Once bookings have been confirmed, no changes to the dates will be considered if these changes are made less than 14 days prior to the original date, and no refunds will be considered.
- The object of the school is to teach cooking skills in a fun environment, and the emphasis is on hands-on cooking, having fun and socialising. To ensure that our instructors have control, we are unable to accommodate individuals who are rowdy and unruly as this inevitably leads to a breakdown of the event creating an unpleasant environment. We reserve the right to terminate the event prematurely should the group become too unruly and we will not consider any refunds. The booking agent or organizer of the group will be held liable for costs arising from damages caused to property and equipment due to negligence on the part of unruly students.
- Although every precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of participants, their belongings and their vehicles, Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School and its staff cannot be held responsible for any injuries or other mishaps that may occur while on the premises. By booking for an experience it is understood that these Terms and Conditions are understood, and accepted by all participants and that the booking agent or organizer of the group has explained these Terms and Conditions to all participants.