It’s coming to the fruit and summer vegetable season. We are hoping that this season’s produce is better than last year. As the fruit and vegetables ripen, we hope to celebrate the harvest of the various crops at Wickedfood Earth Farm Country Cooking School, by running a series of short notice workshops where you will not only have the opportunity of picking some of our organically grown fruit and vegetables at their very best point of ripeness, but also learn the secrets of preserving them.
At each workshop we will show you 6 delicious ways of locking all that summer goodness up in a bottle to enjoy at a later date, as well as teaching you the secrets of successful preserving and bottling in this preserving workshop. And to crown it all off, enjoy a produce-inspired lunch and take home 6 bottles of preserves one sample of each product made during the cooking workshop.
Techniques covered in this workshop will include:
- General principles of preserving and preparing fruit for processing, including some secrets on easy peeling difficult fruit;
- Working with sugar, vinegar, spices and herbs;
- Bottling of whole fruit in syrup and alcohol;
- Jam making;
- Interesting fruit and vegetable combinations for chutneys and relishes;
- How to make delicious fruit sauces and syrups.
Where – Wickedfood Earth Farm, Hekpoort, ±70km from Fourways.
When – to be advised 9:30, workshop starts at 10am sharp;
To book – contact Cilla – 076 236-2345 or email@example.com
Price – R850pp including R250 worth of bottled fruit to take home, and lunch. Booking essential, limited space.