Market Day and Lunch at Wickedfood Earth – Saturday 24 August
Join the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School team this coming Saturday, 24 August for our Market Morning and/or our Country Mezze Lunch. This will be a unique opportunity for you to come see where your food comes from, taste a variety of the products we make on the farm, buy some of our unique seeds and if you feel up to it, stay to enjoy our famous mezze lunch.
Your chance to taste and buy our farm produce.
- Taste – a wide variety of our bottled products and buy at special discounted prices for the day;
- Seed – your chance to get a very limited supply of some of the seed we grow on the farm including a selection of special heirloom vegetable seeds, seed potatoes ready for planting, herbs, turmeric and Jerusalem artichokes;
- Fresh produce – lettuce, fresh sweet potatoes (orange, white and blue), turmeric and Jerusalem artichokes;
- Fresh veld-raised meat – beef and lamb;
- Cured meats – bacon, pancetta, coppa, cooked smoked ham, pork pâté
- and a lot more.
If you would like an advanced order form to ensure that you do not miss out on our limited quantity of fresh and cured meats, click here.
Country Mezze Lunch 12:00 to 14:00. R195pp booking essential.
Enjoy a relaxed country lunch prepared by the cooking school team, of a selection of generous mezze dishes to share. All dishes are prepared with a strong emphasis on our seasonal farm produce including freshly-baked farm bread, award winning artisan cured meats, farm made pâtés, homemade pickles, imaginative salads and a selection of farm-made ice cream to finish. (Please note we are not licenced and we invite you to bring your own drinks and ice.)
For more information, or to book Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com Up-front booking essential, no booking confirmed without payment in full, no refunds, no children under 12 (terms and conditions apply). For your own protection, access to the property is only granted to those people with bookings.
We still have limited space on our popular meat curing workshops, for the remainder of this year:
- 31 August – Introductory charcuterie workshop – from 9:30am. (R1 200pp). In this hands-on charcuterie workshop we will introduce you to the basics of the three main arts of meat curing – whole muscle curing, how to make a classic pork sausage, and the basics of making salami.
- 14 September – Advanced salami and dried Sausage Workshop 9:30am. (R1 400pp, includes salami and mould culture, and other specialist products). Learn the advanced art of dried sausage/salami making from hand crafted mini salamis, mixed meats and large chunk salamis, as well as other dried sausages including Spanish chourizo and the spectacular fiery Italian Nduja spreading salami.
Mike, Cilla and the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School Team.
Bookings – contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Products – Mike 060 761-0885, email@example.com