Breaking news – Wickedfood Earth Farm Online Shop is now up and running, please let us know what you think. At the moment we have listed our most popular items, and as the shop grows so we will be adding specials. We have planned two collection opportunities for our meat:
- Pop-up Deli – this Saturday, 7 May at Wickedfood Earth Farm, with produce from our farm and other small-scale ethical farmers in the area, as well as light meals – See below for an overview of product specials for the day;
- Produce box drop-off next Saturday, 14 May for pre-order collections at Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill – click here for an overview of products.
We also have two exciting events planned for the next two months:
- Wickedfood Earth Charcuterie Weekend Workshop – 20 to 22 May more …..
- Wickedfood Mid-Winter Feast – Sunday 26 June more …..
This Saturday 7 May from 9:30 to 11:30, a very special market day with some exciting new stall holders, followed at 12:00 by a Talk on rare water birds by Willie Froneman, a well known bird expert. The talk will be followed by a light lunch at ±13:30, provided by attendees/visitors themselves. Please bring something to eat and drink (e.g. a salad dish, cold meats, cheese, interesting breads or bread rolls, and maybe also some dessert – preferably home-made or Wickedfood will be selling our famous pulled pork rolls at R40 each).
- Fresh frozen pork chops – 2 per ±400g pack @ R40 each;
- Cured meats – coppa 100g packs at R40 each;
- Hot smoked sliced cooked ham – 200g vacuum packs @ R40 each, great for salads or on sandwiches – see this delicious recipe;
- Hot smoked bacon – 200g vacuum packs of belly and loin bacon @ R40 each;
- Pulled pork – ideal for casual no-fuss entertaining, each 500g pack is enough for 6 pulled pork gourmet rolls, just heat through and serve, R60 per pack;
- Our famous pork sausage – thin pure pork breakfast sausage 300g packs @ R35, and chourizo (raw and hot smoked), Italian style – 500g packs @ R50 each;
- Preserves – Whole peaches in syrup, Tomato Pure, Peach BBQ sauce, and curried peach relish.
Apart from our regular product specials at the pop-up deli market day will include:
- Pork bellies – 1,1kg to 1,7kg;
- Pork leg roasts – ±3kg;
- Boerewors – Venison, and 100% pure pork;
- Lamb – Shoulders, neck, belly and loin chops, and leg roasts.
Other stalls selling produce, include:
- Goat Peter – award winning goats milk cheeses;
- Palesa Farm – a selection of hand made preserves from locally grown fruit and vegetables;
- Quiet Mountain – real farm butter and clotted cream;
- Martie – Delicious home baked rusks, biscuits and koeksusters;
- And a few more.
Please note we are all small producers with limited stock.
For more information contact Mike: 060 761-0885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be offering a limited menu for those who want to stop for a light meal after shopping. The menu will include:
- Pulled pork breakfast roll
- Carrot cake with tea or coffee.
For more information contact:
Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School is an ideal function venue, from country cooking classes, milestone birthday parties, to spit braais, Thai street food parties and exclusive gourmet country meals. If you book the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School venue, you have exclusive use of our facilities while you are with us. It is through these events that we raise funds for the on-going research and our education programmes. For more information on our extensive corporate, group and individual programmes click here ….
For more information, or to book:
Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com