Things are never quiet on the farm. During May Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School ran an extremely successful Charcuterie workshop. We have had so much interest that we plan another series of workshops in July. As winter is now firmly here, we have started with our annual meat curing. Over the past few weeks we have made cold smoked belly and loin bacon as well as our popular salami. They should be ready by the mid July ± 1kg @ R200 each. To pre-order email email@example.com.
The end of June sees midwinter upon us. To celebrate the changing of seasons, don’t forget our Mid -Winter feast.
Wickedfood Earth Farm Online Shop is now up and running, please let us know what you think. At the moment we have listed our most popular items, and as the shop grows so we will be adding specials. And as an added treat for you, each online order this week will get a free 100g sample pack of both our cold smoked loin and belly bacon. We have planned two collection opportunities for our meat:
- Pop-up Deli – this Saturday, 11 June at Wickedfood Earth Farm, with produce from our farm and other small-scale ethical farmers in the area, as well as light meals – see below for an overview of product specials for the day, an exciting new addition to the market this month is local young farmer growing certified organic vegetables – including carrots, beetroot, spinach, eggplant and cocktail tomatoes;
- Produce box drop-off next Saturday, 11 June for pre-order collections at Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill – click here for an overview of products.
We also have three exciting events planned for the next two months:
- Wickedfood Mid-Winter Feast – Sunday 26 June more …..
- Wickedfood Earth Charcuterie Workshop – 10 July more …..
- Wickedfood Earth Sausage Workshop – 17 July more …..
This Saturday 11 June from 9:30 to 11:30, a special market day with some exciting new stall holders. Wickedfood will be selling breakfast bacon and egg rolls with our own cured bacon and Mezze lunch platter from 11 to 12:30 (pre-booking essential) including farm made dips, bread, cured meats, local cheese and pulled pork slider.
Specials for this week (for collection on Saturday 11 June):
We have some great specials for fun entertaining on 16 June public holiday, available for collection at either Wickedfood Cooking School Sunninghill or Wickedfood Earth Farm. (Items marked with * only available on the day at the pop-up deli on the farm, come early to avoid disappointment):
- Pulled pork party pack – 4 x 500g packs pulled pork (each pack will fill 6 rolls generously), 1 x sweet cucumber pickle, 1 x chilli relish, 1 x peach BBQ sauce. @ R300 (you save R60);
- Pork braai pack – 1 x pork boerewors, 1 x pork chops (400g, 2 per pack) and 1 x peach BBQ sauce @ R100 (you save R40);
- Breakfast pack – 1 x breakfast sausage, 1 x pulled pork and 2 x cold smoked bacon, 1 x loin and 1 x belly @ R150 (save R30);
- Sausage medley – 1 of each pork boerewors, venison boerewors, Italian and spicy peach @ R175 (save R25);
- Cold meat lunch pack – 1 x 200g cooked smoked ham, 1x 100g coppa and 1 x 100g cooked salami @ R95 (save R25)
- *Marinated frozen pork ribs – ±1kg packs @ R100 per pack. Pre-cooked and marinated in our special peach BBQ sauce, just defrost and finish on the braai;
- *Goat – Goat meat is extremely healthy and one of the leanest red meats available, great for roasts and stews. We will have selected cuts available for sale on Saturday.
For a full list of specials go to our product page – click here.
Other stalls selling produce, include:
- Goat Peter – award winning goats milk cheeses;
- Quiet Mountain – real farm butter and clotted cream;
- Harmonie Boerdery – A local young farmer growing certified organic vegetables. This months specials include carrots, beetroot, spinach, eggplant and cocktail tomatoes.
Please note we are all small producers with limited stock.
For more information contact Mike: 060 761-0885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wickedfood Mid-Winter Feast
Christmas in June, Changing of the season, call it what you will, in true mid winter tradition Wickedfood Earth Farm will be celebrating mid winter with a 4-course feast on Sunday 26 June at 12h00. The banquet will showcase organically grown meat and produce from Wickedfood Earth Farm as well as surrounding farms in our beautiful valley. (There will also be vegetarian options if advised at least 7 days in advance.)
Starters – a selection of our own charcuterie, patés and mezzes made on the farm, together with homemade bread;
First course – a hearty, warming winter soup;
Main course – 3 cuts of slow roasted meat, including ham, goose/chicken and venison/lamb all harvested from Wickedfood Earth Farm, and accompanied by a good selection of locally grown winter vegetables;
Dessert – Winter classics, with a twist.
When: Sunday 26 June Starting at 11:30 for 12:00;
For more information contact: