A fun Mexican cooking workshop learning new skills – making different flavoured fresh corn and flour tortillas, with a selection of zingy fillings and salsas – R795pp.
Mexican cuisine is one of the 5 truly distinctive world cuisines. It’s a combination of the old and new world, Spanish traditions and little-known new world ingredients, with chilli usually close at hand. It is the new foods from Mexico and South America that have a lasting impression on the rest of the world – corn, beans, peanuts, potatoes, squashes, pumpkins, tomatoes, pineapples, guavas, papayas and avocado pears, and most importantly peppers, chillies, chocolate and vanilla. Corn has always been central to the cuisine with the tortilla as its centrepiece – the bread, plate and spoon all wrapped into one. Mexican cuisine is a bold cuisine that keeps the taste buds guessing and certainly a cuisine that once discovered is hard to resist.
At Wickedfood Earth Farm we grow a wide selection of Mexican vegetables. For the next two months they will be at the height of ripeness and it the perfect opportunity for us to share some of these ingredients and how to cook them, with you. In this Mexican cooking food workshop we concentrate on the fundamentals for perfect tacos:
- Making different types of corn and flour tortillas from scratch;
- Salsas – from classic tomato and onion to tomatillo and chilli;
- Meat and Vegetarian fillings;
- Workshop only – R795pp for the workshop including extensive notes, hands-on cooking class and lunch (we are not licensed, but you are welcome to bring your own wine, beers or soft drinks in a cooler box with ice);
- Workshop with accommodation – R1 590pp sharing, including up to 2 nights accommodation and breakfast (dinner on request).
When – Saturday 17 April from 9:30am, workshop will start at 10am sharp.
Where – Wickedfood Earth Farm, R560, Hekpoort, ±70km from Fourways and Pretoria.
Book your seat online by clicking here.
For more information or to book accommodation with your workshop,
Booking office – Cilla 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
Information and event planning – Mike 060 761 0885 email@example.com