In September 2017 we a launched the Country Cooking School‘s mezze country lunches. This Sunday, 23 September, we will again be hosting a very special mezze lunch at the Country Cooking School to celebrate the event.
All the meat is for this event is veld-raised, and completely free-range, using no routine antibiotics and growth hormones or stimulants. Our animals take on average, twice as long to reach maturity as factory-farmed animals. We run our own pigs, a flock of Pedi sheep and herd of Dexter cattle, which we slaughter, and process in-house to ensure that we have complete trace-ability of all our meat.
Most of the fruit, herbs and vegetables for this event are grown in the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School’s gardens.
The proposed menu for the day is as follows (a few of the dishes may change, dependent on availability of the freshest seasonal produce on the day):
On arrival – Farm made salami and cheese pizza pie.
First course – served with freshly baked farm sourdough/rye bread
- Wickedfood cured black olives;
- Spicy curried aubergine;
- Roasted red pepper and aubergine relish;
- Hoummus with farm grown and ground tahini paste;
- Dill and labneh dip;
- Green bean and tomato stew.
- Meat platters
- Liver pâté with duck fat.
- Cured meats:
- Warthog Salami Duo – aged and hot smoked;
- Coppa – salt cured pork neck;
- Beef tartare – showcasing the clean flavour of quality veld raised beef;
- Pig’s head salumi – with spicy peach, cucumber and spring onion relish.
- Hand made goose egg pasta – with slow cooked venison ragout;
- Yellow peach relish on the side;
- Spanish inspired white bean stew – with sweet potato and raisins.
- Goose egg and yoghurt baked peach sponge pudding – with a berry sauce and farm made yoghurt cream.
Where – Wickedfood Earth Farm, Hekpoort, ±70km from Fourways.
When – Sunday 23 September from 12:00, kitchen closes at 2pm.
To book – contact Cilla – 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Price – Booking essential, limited space, R255pp (no children under 12).
Wickedfood Earth Farm & Country Cooking School is a proud member of Slow Food Chefs’ Alliance. The Alliance is an international network of chefs who are committed to promoting small-scale, locally produced “good, clean and fair” foods, safeguarding agricultural biodiversity at risk of extinction and giving visibility and the proper value to their supplying producers.
Space for Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School food events are limited to a maximum of 40, so book early to avoid disappointment. Guests will have a choice of sitting at the Cooking School’s magnificent communal long table, or for parties of 4, 6, 8 or 10 at their own tables (with enough lead-in time, we can re-create this event for your exclusive group). Up-front booking essential, no booking confirmed without payment in full, no refunds, no children under 12 (terms and conditions apply). For your own protection, access to the property is only granted to those people with confirmedbookings.