Now that the elections are over and the President sworn in, we are hopeful that we can get on again with getting the economy back into motion. To celebrate the election of a new government and the dawn of a new, more positive future for the beautiful country we call home, Wickedfood Earth Farm & Country Cooking School has developed 3 diverse, delicious menus that celebrate our tasty heritage and the exciting diversity of the food we enjoy together. Each 6 dish, 3 course menu has been carefully put together to reflect the best we have to offer and to cater for different budgets. And to sweeten the celebration even more, for our Flavours of a Rainbow Nation team building cooking class we are offering a massive 20% discount per person for any bookings made before 15 June with the class running before the end of July (that’s a saving of ±R100pp). The 3 menus are:
- Flavours of a Rainbow Nation – A fun blend of budget recipes reflecting the exciting diversity of our magnificent country. R5 950 (less 20% = R4 950 – see terms above) for up to 10 people (from R595 less 20% = R495) for each additional person, up to 48 people;
- A Taste of the Cape – Our modern culinary traditions have their roots in the Cape, where ingredients and flavours from around the world were introduced to our shores. R5 950 for up to 10 people (from R595 for each additional person, up to 36 people);
- Shisa nyama – the art of braaiing – Celebrating our favourite outdoor cooking traditions of braaiing township style, including our Classic mixed grill of 3 cuts of meat pp – ±150g chicken, ±150g prego steak and ±150g boerewors. R6 950 for up to 10 people (from R695 for each additional person, up to 30 people.)
Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School is located on a working farm, just 65km from Fourways and less then 50km from Midrand, Centurion and Roodepoort. Our venue is fast gaining a reputation as the prefect destination for relaxed, secure strategy meetings, informal presentations, coupled to team building food related events. Click here to see how much fun they are.
Our facilities include:
- A purpose-built teaching kitchen with 4 fully-equipped cooking stations where we are able to handle up to 48 people comfortably;
- Extensive outdoor facilities for outdoor cooking, where we can accommodate up to 130 people;
- A covered verandah eating area seating up to 80 people;
- Additional seating inside for up to 50 people in two adjoining rooms;
- A large grassed area where you would be able to erect a marquee, to seat up to 130 people under cover;
- A meeting room where we can seat up to 40 people theatre style.
We offer over 50 menus to cook, from Mystery Basket and Foods of The World, ideal for groups of up to 48, to our Street Food Parties, perfect for larger groups of up to 80 people. We are also able to tailor-make a food-related event for your group.
Wickedfood Earth Farm & Country Cooking School’s head chef is a proud member of Slow Food Chefs’ Alliance. The Alliance is an international network of chefs who are committed to promoting small-scale, locally produced “good, clean and fair” foods, safeguarding agricultural biodiversity at risk of extinction and giving visibility and the proper value to their supplying producers.
Since inception Wickedfood Earth Farm & Country Cooking School has been following these principles and it is gratifying that the hard work we have put in is at last receiving international recognition.
Mike, Cilla and the Wickedfood Earth Team.
Looking forward to welcoming you to Wickedfood Earth
in the not-too-distant future.