At Wickedfood Earth, located on a sustainable working farm, we offer accommodation in 2 comfortably appointed rooms, for a maximum of 4 people, sharing a bathroom. Perfect for anyone looking to get away for a few days with friends or family, away from hustle and bustle of the city (the farm is are not unfortunately child friendly). Come relax taking in the rhythm of farm and bird life, and exploring the area and its country restaurants. Or spend the day or two in the kitchen with Mike and Cilla learning forgotten food skills, or how to cook some of the more exciting dishes from around the world. More….
Conveniently located within the Magalies Meander Tourism area, Wickedfood Earth Farm is just 70km from Fourways, close to both Johannesburg and Pretoria, in the Magalies Valley, between Magaliesburg and Hartebeespoort. The area is great for exploring, from the Cradle of Mankind visitors’ center, to game viewing, hot-air balloon rides, horse, mountain bike and hiking trails, Boer War battlefields, and country craft breweries and restaurants.
Wickedfood Earth Farm follows organic farming philosophies. We are all about research and training. Our main focus is on sustainable agriculture and farm to fork eating. Through the Country Cooking School we share the lessons learned and knowledge accumulated on food and sustainable farming practises with people who wish to experience first hand the information we have gathered.
Spend a day, a weekend or a week on Wickedfood Earth Farm, partaking in the daily life of the farm, enjoying hearty organically grown farm food, and learning new cooking skills, from cooking with seasonal organic ingredients, to growing vegetables, Foods of the World cooking classes, making sausage and cured meats, baking bread, or learning new recipes (advanced booking essential).
For those not wanting to spend time in the kitchen cooking, with advanced notice when booking, we supply a gourmet 4 course dinners (minimum 2 people). The accommodation is NOT suitable for self-catering. We do not supply eating facilities or fridges in the rooms, and discourage eating or drinking in the rooms. Please note the farm is a NO SMOKING space.
Price: From R750 per room per nignt – maximum 2 people per room including breakfast, minimum 2 nights (or all nights of a long weekends. Fee excludes dinner and activities).
Booking: Cilla – (076) 236-2345 firstname.lastname@example.org
By booking it is understood that these Terms and Conditions are understood and accepted by all participants, and that the booking agent or organizer of the group has explained these Terms to all participants
- Wickedfood Earth is a smoke free area. No smoking in rooms, bathrooms or other public areas.
- No pets.
- No children under 16 without prior approval.
- We are not licensed.
- As these facilities are very popular we would suggest that clients book at their earliest convenience. To confirm bookings we require a 50% non-refundable deposit within 24 hours of booking, with the balance paid not later than 14 days prior to arrival (accommodation will not be available, and we reserve the right to re-sell the date, if full fees are not received 14 days prior). Once bookings have been confirmed, no changes to the dates will be considered if these changes are made less than 14 days prior to the original date, and no refunds will be considered.
- We are unable to accommodate individuals who are rowdy and unruly. We reserve the right to terminate the stay prematurely should the group become too unruly and we will not consider any refunds. The booking agent or organizer of the group will be held liable for costs arising from damages caused to property and equipment due to negligence.
- Although every precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of participants, their belongings and their vehicles, Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School and its staff cannot be held responsible for any injuries or other mishaps that may occur while on the premises. By booking for an experience it is understood that these Terms and Conditions are understood, and accepted by all participants and that the booking agent or organizer of the group has explained these Terms and Conditions to all participants.