Spend a relaxing half- to a few days of pure food indulgence on a working organic farm, with hosts, Cilla and Mike, as they share their food experiences, in-depth knowledge, favourite recipes and delicious seasonal food, and stay over if you wish. Through our Food Experience Cooking Workshops you get to choose when to cook (morning, afternoon or evening) and what style of food you want to cook (from Seasonal Country Fare to different Foods of the World menus). Or you can join one of our scheduled food workshops.
At Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, you have a wide choice of cooking options from:
- Country farm fare at its finest and get an insight into the farm’s workings. We specialize in produce-driven seasonal food, using ingredients from our internationally recognized food gardens, orchards and veld-raised animals, including a flock of indigenous Pedi sheep More …..
- To in-depth cuisine driven Foods of the World experiences where we explore different cooking styles from around the world, from Asian Street Market Food to Chinese dim sum, tagines, couscous and spices of North Africa, food of Lebanon, Indian curries, Italian, classic French, flavours of Mexico, and a lot more. More…
What guests are saying on Tripadvisor
- ” ……we learnt about loads of different flavours and techniques…..really worth it!! We absolutely loved our hosts, Mike and Cilla, they really went out of their way to make sure we had a great time…..” – Jesse;
- “….awesome day with Mike and Cilla. Great variety of recipes and homegrown produce and really enjoyed getting the chance to taste everything…..” – Kerry;
- “….Fantastic day, fantastic food, fantastic people. Mike and Cilla bring out the best of there homegrown produce and livestock….” – Jude;
- “…. awesome weekend to just enjoy the quietness of the countryside, good food and good company! I learned a lot, our room was comfy and the garden so inspiring. Thank you for making us feel so welcome…..”
- “….. Our Lebanese food experience over the weekend was unique and special … Mike and Cilla are great hosts and the farm is a lovely setting to rest and unwind..…” – Petronel.
Overview of Food Experiences on offer
(you can also purchase a gift voucher online for an experience, click here)
2 Night gourmet breakaway – For those who would like to create a special foodie 2 night break with another couple or family of 4, we have a special 2-night option from R1 890pp for a party of 4:
- Check in any time after 2pm. Work with our head chef to prepare a delicious 3 course country feast for dinner;
- Next day – after a hearty farm breakfast, participate in a hands on 3 hour cooking workshop along a theme of your choice from European classics, to the exotic Flavours of e east or fiery Mexican, followed by a relaxed lunch of the meal cooked together;
- Afternoon and evening free to explore the diverse choice of restaurants and pubs in the area;
- Last day – walking tour of the farm to better understand our organic way of farming, followed by breakfast and departure.
- 1 hands-on cooking workshop;
- all ingredients and lunch.
- 1 hands-on cooking workshop, all ingredients and lunch, (or dinner) after the workshop;
- up to 2 nights accommodation, minimum 2 people, based on 2 people sharing a room, R600 single room supplement;
- all breakfasts.
- an in-depth tour of the food gardens and farm;
- 3 hands-on cooking classes over 2 days;
- all meals – 3-course gourmet dinner on day 1, breakfast, lunch and dinner on day 2, and brunch on day 3;
- 2 nights’ accommodation, minimum of 2 people, based on 2 people sharing a room, R500 single room supplement.
Our cooking style
Has its roots in Africa, with multi-ethnic world influences, showcasing the cultural cuisines of the various immigrants who settled and cooked in the area over the last 400-odd years. For the past 20 years, Mike has been sharing his food passion with visitors from around the world. As a renowned cook and food anthropologist, he has travelled extensively to explore food influences and cooking styles of different cultures. He has received many accolades over the years including Slow Food’s Food Heroes award for “development of rare breeds and education on sustainable food and farming.” In 2018 he was invited to become a member of Slow Food Chefs’ Alliance, South Africa. Mike shares these experiences with you, as well as giving you his in-depth philosophy to humane sustainable farming practises. All cooking classes are hands-on in our custom-built teaching kitchen.
Mike: 060 761-0885 firstname.lastname@example.org
To purchase a gift voucher online for a food experience, click here
All activities held at Wickedfood Earth Farm are subject to our standard terms and conditions.