Pork is one of the most popular meats eaten around the world. In South Africa most of the pork supplied from the supermarket is factory farmed and mass produced with very little flavour. In this step-by-step hands-on workshop we show you how easy it is to cook good quality free-range pork as well as let you experience the fantastic flavour of the superior product. We will teach you the basics of cooking 4 cuts from a pig:
- How to de-bone and butterfly a leg of pork, perfect for a quick oven roast or even more delicious cooked for just 50 minutes in a kettle-braai;
- The secrets of how to roast a pork belly;
- Slow roast shoulder of pork for pulled pork;
- Make pan roasted pork fillet with a pancetta skin, in a cream and mushroom sauce.
The programme for this class is as follows:
- 9:00am – Tea, coffee and home-made eats on arrival;
- 9:30am – Introduction;
- A practical demonstration on how to prepare the the various pork cuts (we will also have a limited amount of produce available for sale to take home);
- Hands-on cooking;
- ± 1pm – sit down to enjoy the meal you have prepared.
Cost for the class: R495pp, Including coffee/tea and eats on arrival, extensive notes, and a 4-course lunch at the end of the workshop, including dessert, the use of an apron, home made fruit juices and limited wine with the meal. (You are welcome to bring your own wine for the meal. No children under 16).
When: Sunday 3 May at 9:30am
Where: Wickedfood Earth on the R560 ±8km east of Hekpoort, ± 60km from Fourways;
For more information, or to book:
Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com