Terms and conditions
By booking for a class it is understood that these Terms and Conditions are understood and accepted by all participants and that the booking agent or organizer of the group has explained these Terms and Conditions to all participants
- Prior to the class, please ensure that all participants are familiar with the current regulations regarding COVID-19 protocols and that they fully comply with these protocols while they are at Wickedfood Earth, both for their own and our staff’s safety. Any participants disregarding these protocols will result in us immediately terminating the event and requesting the group to leave for our staff’s protection. No refunds will be considered.
- Class content may change from time to time. Apart from the above suggestions, we are also able to tailor-make classes to suit clients’ individual needs at an additional cost.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all classes have a minimum charge for 4 and a maximum of 40 participants at Wickedfood Earth.
- Prior to arrival, in consultation with our booking office, we would ask the organiser to divide the group up into teams – see page 4.
- We supply all ingredients, extensive notes and the use of an apron to wear while cooking (we sell retail aprons @ R200 per apron). At the end of the class, clients are invited to sit down and enjoy the food they have prepared, an ideal way of interacting with each other.
- As these are hands-on classes, we suggest that participants come comfortably dressed, preferably in jeans and T-shirt, with flat gym shoes, as leather soles are inclined to slip.
- For drinks, we are not licensed. You are welcome to bring your own soft drinks, wine, beers, ciders, ice and a drinks bath. As all of our classes are hands-on, our knives are sharp and we cook with gas, we need to ensure that participants are in full control of their actions at all times. Spirits are not allowed to be consumed on the premises. All cooking participants are asked to refrain from consuming alcohol prior to the class (any participants disregarding these stipulations, will be asked to terminate their participation immediately, and be removed from the property if necessary). If you bring your own drinks, please bring in a cool box with ice. Please also note that we don’t have fridge facilities for chilling drinks.
- Classes run any time during the day, at the client’s convenience, from ±07h00 onwards for up to 4 hours. Want to add extra time, no problem, add R100pp per hour or part thereof should you wish to extend, subject to venue availability. (We also have a R500/hr overtime/transport surcharge for functions that end after 16h00).
- As these classes are very popular we suggest that clients book at their earliest convenience. To confirm bookings and hold dates we would require a 50% non-refundable deposit within 3 days of booking, with the balance paid not later than 14 days prior to the event (classes will not be run, and we reserve the right to re-sell the date, if full fees are not received 14 days prior). Once bookings have been confirmed, no changes to the dates will be considered, and no refunds will be considered. No refunds will be considered for a decrease in numbers within 7 working days of the booked date.
- The object of the school is to teach cooking skills in a fun environment, and the emphasis is on hands-on cooking, having fun and socialising. To ensure that our instructors have control, we are unable to accommodate individuals who are rowdy and unruly as this inevitably leads to a breakdown of the class creating an unpleasant environment for the rest of the group. We would look to the organizer of the group to make this clear to all participants and to control the group. We reserve the right to terminate the class prematurely should the group become too unruly and we will not consider any refunds. The booking agent or organizer of the group will be held liable for costs arising from damages caused to property and equipment due to negligence on the part of unruly students.
- Although every precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of participants, their belongings and their vehicles, Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School and its staff cannot be held responsible for any injuries or other mishaps that may occur while on the premises. By booking for a class it is understood that these Terms and Conditions are understood, and accepted by all participants and that the booking agent or organizer of the group has explained these Terms and Conditions to all participants.