Join the Wickedfood Earth Team for a hands-on 2 full day Beef Charcuterie Workshop, where we’ll introduce you to the basics of the three main arts of beef curing, whole muscle dry curing and aging; brining whole cuts for corned beef and hot smoking; and how to make 2 classic sausages, and the basics of making meat sticks and salami.
When: 2 to 3 September from 9:30am on both days;
Where: Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, R560, Hekpoort, Gauteng, in the Magalies Valley.
Cost: R3 750pp for both days, includes, all ingredients, extensive notes and lunches on both days.
To book: email@example.com or WhatsApp 076 236-2345
- Hands-on demonstration of how to identify the different muscles and the different charcuterie beef cuts;
- Different dry cures for biltong, cured loin, Bresaola, and dry cured brisket;
- Hands-on demonstration on how to prepare, apply, cure and age the different cuts of meat;
- The art of wet curing or brining, and how to make the perfect corned beef and pastrami;
- The secrets of hot smoking at home.
How to make our champion traditional boerewors, spicy beef sausage, beef meat stick and salami.
- The science and theory of making wet and dry sausage – extensive notes and explanation of exactly how the process works including salting, spicing, cultures, grinding, filling and drying.
- The basics of making perfect Beef sausages – classic traditional boerewors, and spicy beef;
- Meat fermentation and how to make a basic beef salami – how spices and preservatives work, and grinding, stuffing and drying beef snack stick, and a classic salami.