For the week 14 November 2023
By this time next month many of you will have worked your last day of the year and anticipate a well deserved rest heading into the Christmas celebrations. At Wickedfood Earth Farm we have been flat out preparing a selection of:
- Whole oven-ready pigs for festive entertainment, see below for more information;
- Free-range organic pork, fresh frozen cuts, including legs, shoulders and loin chop roasts;
- Pork sausage, including our basic banger, perfect for stuffings, Italian style, and a spicy Thai;
- Cured meats – from loin and streaky belly bacon, perfect for wrapping around roasts and terrines, to coppa, pancetta, cured leg ham and salami, all perfect for easy to assemble meat platters;
- Gammons – We still have a limited selection of hand crafted gammons available. They are cured in an apple flavoured brine, then cold smoked, ready for you to cook (we supply full instructions). Available from ± 1,2kg to 2,4kg. More….
- Preserves – dips, relishes, chutneys and a lot more, perfect sides for easy stress-free entertainment, see list on the order form.
- Fresh Produce – the first of our new season garlic is now available. We also have nectarines and fresh bulk slightly green apricots, perfect for chunky jams and preserves.
Should you wish to order any of the above, please e-mail email@example.com and we’ll send you an order form.
Special discount – all orders over R2000 will receive a massive 20% discount on their order.
At Wickedfood Earth Farm do not supply suckling pigs, but rather breed smaller pigs for whole roasting. We slaughter at around 3 months as opposed to 4 weeks for commercial suckling pigs. Our pigs are growth hormone and antibiotic free. They weigh from about 5kgs up to around 15 kgs at R150/kg. They are perfect both for roasting in the oven, or on a spitbraai. An easy no stress alternative to the boring Christmas turkey. When ordering we’ll also supply detailed cooking instructions to create crispy skin and succulent meat. More information;
Keep well and safe. Cilla, Mike and the Wickedfood Earth team.