Join the Wickedfood Earth Team for a hands-on 2 full day Venison Charcuterie Workshop, where we’ll show you how to break down a large antelope, and introduce you to the basics of the three main arts of venison curing, whole muscle dry curing and aging; brining whole cuts for corned venison and hot smoking; and how to make 2 classic sausages, and the basics of making real droewors from scratch and a spicy venison salami.
When: 9 to 10 September from 9:30am on both days;
Where: Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, R560, Hekpoort, Gauteng, in the Magalies Valley.
Cost: R3 750pp for both days, includes, all ingredients, extensive notes and lunches on both days.
To book: email@example.com or WhatsApp 076 236-2345
- How to break down a carcass, butcher different fresh cuts and cuts for curing;
- Ideas on how to cook the various venison cuts from fillet warped in pancetta to how make the perfect roast leg;
- Different dry cures for biltong, cured loin and dry cured leg; and
- Brining to make corned venison rump;
How to make a traditional venison boerewors, spicy sausage, droewors and salami.
- The science and theory of making wet and dry sausage – extensive notes and explanation of exactly how the process works including salting, spicing, cultures, grinding, filling and drying.
- The basics of making perfect venison sausages – classic traditional venison boerewors, and spicy venison sausage;
- Meat fermentation and how to make a basic venison salami – how spices and preservatives work, and grinding, stuffing and drying, for real droewors from scratch, and a classic salami.