(Pre-booking essential – for your own protection access to the property is only granted to those people with paid-up pre-bookings. Please note: NO pets, fires, ball games, bicycles, smoking or uncontrolled children.)
Wickedfood Earth Farm offers 15 unique picnic spots, and relaxing nature walks with a strong emphasis on natural surroundings, birds, veld flowers and trees. We are located on a sustainable working farm, following organic farming philosophies, just 70km from Fourways, close to both Johannesburg and Pretoria, in the Magalies Valley, between Magaliesburg and Hartebeespoort.
Facilities and food
The Wickedfood Earth Farm is open for Picnics and Nature Walk on selected Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays. We’re also open during the week for special interest groups, subject to a minimum of 8 people, and subject to availability. To secure a spot you need to book at least 2 days’ prior. We are not a restaurant. Each week the Wickedfood Earth Farm kitchen prepares a selection of small mezze dishes, perfect for country picnics, using the very best locally grown, seasonal produce, catering specifically for that day’s bookings (we, unfortunately, do not have the facilities to cater for special dietary requirements). Our food is built around the naturally-grown ingredients available from Wickedfood Earth Farm and surrounding small-scale producers. The Wickedfood Earth Farm food gardens around the kitchen have been internationally recognized by Slow Food. A number of items offered in our picnic packs are also available for sale through our farm deli on the day. For certain items, it is advisable to pre-order to avoid disappointment. We limit numbers to a maximum of 15 groups of between 2 and 16 people per group, spread over 40ha, no dogs, ball games, bicycles or fires.
The content of our picnic hampers vary from week to week, with a selection of ±10 generous mezze dishes individually packaged, all prepared with a strong emphasis on our seasonal farm produce including:
- freshly baked farm bread, baked in the country cooking school’s kitchens;
- award-winning artisanal cured meats and farm-made soft cheeses made at the country cooking school;
- farm made pâtés, pies, and terrines;
- homemade pickles all produced in the country cooking school kitchens;
- freshly made dips from organically grown vegetables and herbs (we even make our own tahini sauce) from the country cooking school’s internationally recognized food gardens;
- imaginative salads of fruit and vegetables also from the country cooking school’s food gardens;
- farm-made seasonal desserts.
- Mezze picnic lunch hampers, from R390 for two people sharing, R195 for each additional person, minimum 2 people (8 during weekdays). Kids’ hamper 2 to 10 years old R95 per person, will consist of bread, a meat or vegetarian dish such as egg or chicken mayonnaise or mini farm-made sausages, quiche or pie, fritters, salad, and dessert (for children under 2 please bring their own food)
- Price also includes entrance fee, the use of our toilets, walking trail, and designated picnic spot with sanitized table and chairs;
- What to bring:
- Your own water, drinks, glasses and ice;
- Eating utensils and plates.
Space for these Picnics and Nature Walks, at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, is limited to a maximum of 15 private picnic sites, so book early to avoid disappointment. All picnic sites are within 200m of a strategically placed parking areas.
Up-front booking essential, no booking confirmed without payment in full, no refunds, no pets (terms and conditions apply). For your own protection, access to the property is only granted to those people with bookings.
The nature walk is open from 10h00 until 15h30. Picnics will be available for collection between 12h00 and 13h00. To make a booking please select from the picnic sites below:
Picnic Site No.1
Picnic Site No.2
Picnic Site No.3
Picnic Site No.4
Picnic Site No.5
Picnic Site No.6
Picnic Site No.7
Picnic Site No.8
Picnic Site No.11
Picnic Site No.12
Picnic Site No.13
Picnic Site No.14
Picnic Site No.15
Or for more information, Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All activities held at Wickedfood Earth Farm are subject to our standard terms and conditions.