Rain – at last. On Friday I went to bed with the song “… what have they done to the rain…” bouncing about in my head. Around midnight the heavens opened with a lot of noise, and thankfully nice gentle 42mm of much needed rain. Hopefully it will be followed up this weekend with more moisture to help revitalize the parched soil. In anticipation we are feverishly planting seeds – carrots, maize, okra, pumpkin, melons; as well as seedlings – tomatoes, peppers, eggplant.
And of course what else can be said about the rugby that has not already been said – go Bokke, they have really shown us that working together with determination, we’re a great nation that can achieve the impossible, go South Africa.
Special offer – the first person to book for 2 couples (4 people) for our Foods of the World programme in December or January 2020 will receive a massive 50% discount (limited dates in December, terms apply).
Our newest project at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, our in-depth 1-day, 2-night Foods of the World and 2-day, 2-night produce-driven seasonal food Food Experiences, are gaining a lot of interest. Come enjoy an absolute feast of just picked vegetables, and a selection of ethically farm-raised, free-range meat. December is a good time for early stone fruit – plums and apricots. January to March is good for peaches, berries, fruiting vegetables and new potatoes. More ….
Wickedfood Earth Xmas gifts
Looking for a special Xmas present for one of your foodie friends or loved ones? We have a great selection of unique food-related product for any budget including:
- Bottled produce – Our on-line shop has a wide selection of jams, preserves, chutneys, relishes and artisanal berry vinegars (our 4 pack vinegar collection @ R350 including packing and delivery is a special foodie gift);
- Aprons – at a special Xmas price of R180 per apron you won’t find a better quality apron at the price.
- Gift vouchers – from R180 to R3 000 we are able to issue you with an electronic gift voucher that can be used for a wide variety of products and activities from Wickedfood Earth Farm, including;
- Product – R180 will get you 2 bottles of preserves shipped to all major centers in South Africa;
- Accommodation – R 990 will buy a double room for 2 nights for up to 2 people. Add R500pp and we’ll include a 3-course gourmet lunch or dinner, and 2 full breakfasts;
- Food experiences – From R3 980 per couple for a delicious 2-night stay and in-depth food workshops;
Farm produce and Agri Lunch
Join the Country Cooking School team at Wickedfood Earth Farm for our regular Agri mezze Country Lunch, where you will also be able to pre-order a selection of our bacon and cured meat products, perfect for a casual Xmas tapas, and collect it while enjoying a delicious farm lunch. Taste the selection of the products we make at the cooking school, and see where your food comes from. Enjoy a relaxed country lunch of a selection of generous mezze dishes to share, all prepared with a strong emphasis on our seasonal farm produce including freshly-baked farm bread, award winning artisan cured meats, farm made pâtés, homemade pickles, imaginative salads and a farm-made dessert to finish.
- Sunday 1 December from 12h00 to 14h00, booking essential R195pp;
- Monday 16 December from 12h00 to 14h00, booking essential R195pp.
We offer accommodation in 2 comfortably-appointed rooms, for a maximum of 4 people, sharing a bathroom. Perfect for anyone looking to get away for a few days with friends or family, away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Come relax taking in the rhythm of farm and bird life, and exploring the area and its country restaurants. Or spend the day or two in the kitchen with Mike and Cilla learning forgotten food skills, or how to cook some of the more exciting dishes from around the world (pre-booking af activities essential).
It’s that time of year again. If you or your company are planning an end-of-year function please consider Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School. Apart from our regular offerings, we also have 2 mouth-watering special Xmas Menus. and if things to the end of the year are just too hectic, what about organising a welcome back team building function in January. More…
Looking forward to welcoming you to one of our events during the remainder of the year.
Mike, Cilla and the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School Team.
Bookings – contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Products and special events – Mike, 060 761-0885, email@example.com