Hard to believe that there are fewer than 2 months to go to the end of this year. As Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School builds up for the Christmas season, the country cooking school team has 2 great lunches planned as well as a variety of delicious products available for sale, to spoil you for this year’s Xmas season. Events at the cooking school include:
- Sunday 18 November – Mezze country lunch – using the very best local grown, seasonal produce, the country cooking school team serves a selection of ±20 generous mezze dishes to share, including farm made pickles, preserves, cured meats and sour dough bread. More….
- Sunday 16 December – Xmas Workshop and Lunch – ± 1½ hour hands-on workshop on how to prepare a memorable, scrumptious festive meal and Q&A session followed by a 3- course lunch giving you some great ideas for easy Xmas entertaining. More….
- End-of-year Functions – the Country Cooking School has developed 2 exciting and very different end-of-year cooking class options exclusively for groups and team building, still a few slots available. More…
Apart from the events we also have some great organically produced product available for sale at the events including:
- Vegetable and herb seedlings – during the past few months we have been propagating a selection of herbs and vegetables for our own gardens around the school. We always plant a few extra and offer these on to those of you who want to plant a small vegetable garden with some more unusual vegetables. All seedlings available at the two lunches – 18 November and 16 December (contact email@example.com for a list of available seedlings).
- Garlic -The first of our Egyptian pink garlic is harvested, cured and packaged. A lot of it has gone through to Jackson’s Real Food Market in both Bryanston and Kyalami, and we still have a limited quantity for sale from the farm. More….
- Jams, preserves, chutneys and relishes – all prepared in the cooking school kitchen, using our farm grown vegetables and fruit;
- Cured meats and sausage – including coppa, bacon, boerewors and a selection of pork sausages;
- Xmas hams – This year the cooking school team have again produced a very limited number of both hot and cold smoked hams (book a ham early to avoid disappointment);
Looking forward to welcoming you to one of our events in the not-too-distant future.
Mike, Cilla and the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School Team.
Bookings – contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org
At Wickedfood Earth Farm, we produce two very different hams for Christmas. This year we will again be producing a very limited number of both hot and cold smoked hams (book a ham early to avoid disappointment):
- Brined green ham (gammon) – A pork leg that has been cured in a brine solution and cold smoked. This ham first needs to be boiled, before it is brushed with a glaze and then roasted in the oven. Our brined uncooked hams are between 3,5 and 6kg each, at R190/kg;
- Hot smoked cured ham – Cured in a brine, as above, and then hot smoked. They are already cooked, and are delicious served cold, with either a mustard sauce, sweet pickle or marjoram salsa. These hot smoked hams are between ±1,3kg and ±2,4kg, at R190/kg.
All our hams are vacuumed and flash frozen to lock in flavour, perfect for a hot Xmas day. Our hams have no preservatives, or liquid smoke (limited numbers for delivery early December – contact me asap to place an order together with approximate size)
Order – Mike, 060 761-0885, email@example.com
Are you or your company looking for a very different end-of-year function. Join the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School team for one of our specially developed end-of-year cooking class options. Not only is it a fun day out, but while you are with us you have exclusive use of our facilities. Once all the food is cooked, participants are able to sit down and enjoy the food prepared, a great way for staff interaction. Book early to avoid disappointment, as dates towards the end of the year are already filling up fast. (Subject to our general terms and conditions.)
Recipe of the month
At the Country Cooking School we love braais and everything to do with braaiing. We believe a braai isn’t complete without these few elements: beer, boerewors, bacon rashers, T-bone steak, garlic bread, a garden salad, and a potato bake. Read on …..