It’s been a year since we launched Wickedfood Earth Farm‘s Sunday mezze country lunches, at the Country Cooking School. In recognition of this milestone, Wickedfood Earth Farm Country Cooking School will be hosting 2 mezze country lunches, on Sunday 9 and 23 September, at the same price as our first lunch a year ago – R250pp. And all confirmed bookings received before this Wednesday will receive a R100 gift voucher to spend in our shop (booking essential).
At Wickedfood Earth Farm we run our own pigs, a flock of Pedi sheep and Dexter cattle, which we slaughter, and process in-house to ensure that we have complete trace-ability of all our meat. All the meat is veld-raised, and completely free-range, using no routine antibiotics and growth hormones or stimulants. Our animals take on average, twice as long to reach maturity as factory-farmed animals. Most of the fruit herbs and vegetables for this event are grown in the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School’s gardens.
The proposed menu for the day is as follows (a few of the dishes may change, dependent on availability of the freshest seasonal produce on the day):
On arrival – Farm made salami and cheese pizza pie.
First course – served with Freshly baked farm Sourdough/Rye bread
- Wickedfood cured black olives;
- Spicy curried aubergine;
- Roasted red pepper and aubergine relish;
- Jerusalem artichoke humus with farm grown and ground tahini paste;
- Carrot, cumin and raisin yoghurt salad with farm made yoghurt.
- Meat platters
- Liver pâté with duck fat.
- Cured meats:
- Warthog Salami Duo, aged and hot smoked;
- Coppa – salt cured pork neck;
- Beef bresoala – beef top round cured in salt, spices and red wine;
- Pig’s head salumi – with spicy peach, cucumber and spring onion relish;
- Beef pie – slow cooked beef ragout with lard pastry,
- Yellow peach relish on the side;
- Roast white sweet potato wedges with a pecan nut pesto;
- First season pea salad with mint and caramelised shallots.
- Goose egg and yoghurt baked peach sponge pudding, berry sauce and farm made yoghurt cream.
Wickedfood Earth Farm & Country Cooking School is proud member of Slow Food Chefs’ Alliance. The Alliance is an international network of chefs who are committed to promoting small-scale, locally produced “good, clean and fair” foods, safeguarding agricultural biodiversity at risk of extinction and giving visibility and the proper value to their supplying producers.
Where – Wickedfood Earth Farm, Hekpoort, ±70km from Fourways.
When – Sunday 9 September from 12:00, kitchen closes at 2pm.
To book – contact Cilla – 076 236-2345 or email@example.com
Price – Booking essential, limited space, R250pp (no children under 12).
Space for Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School food events are limited to a maximum of 40, so book early to avoid disappointment. Guests will have a choice of sitting at the Cooking School’s magnificent communal long table, or for parties of 4, 6, 8 or 10 at their own tables (with enough lead-in time, we can re-create this event for your exclusive group). Up-front booking essential, no booking confirmed without payment in full, no refunds, no children under 12 (terms and conditions apply). For your own protection, access to the property is only granted to those people with bookings.