The cooking of Italy is the cooking of its regions and the best cooking is found at home using the freshest of ingredients. This is the food our teaching chef, Mike, learned while visiting rural villages and cooking in farmhouse settings while staying in Italy. This is the cooking we enjoy sharing at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School. In this Italian Food Experience we create a true Italian 4-course banquet.
The Workshop dishes
In this hands-on cooking workshop, we will explore these regional flavours of Italy, including:
- light summer starter of cooked farm ham with a tuna sauce, our take on Vitello tonnato;
- a hand made pasta and fresh heirloom vegetable sauce;
- Main course of lamb, with farm grown organic vegetable side dishes, included delicious duck fat roast potatoes with lemon;
- Tiramisu, one of Italy’s classic desserts.
- Workshop only – R850pp for the workshop including extensive notes, hands on cooking class and dinner (we are not licensed, but you are welcome to bring your own wine, beers or soft drinks in a cooler box with ice);
- Workshop with accommodation – R1 600pp sharing, including up to 2 nights accommodation and breakfast (first night dinner on request).
When – Wednesday 4 March from 15:30, workshop will start at 16h00am sharp.
Where – Wickedfood Earth Farm, R560, Hekpoort, ±70km from Fourways and Pretoria.
For more information, or to book:
Booking office – Cilla 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org;
Information and event planning – Mike 060 761 0885 email@example.com