With the onset of the early summer, our fruit trees are laden with little green gems, hoping to ripen into sweet, plump, juicy joys of summer. The mulberries are ready, but with so little other food around, are being raided at an alarming rate by the birds. We are lucky to get a bowl full each day for our own consumption.
On Sunday a group of friends from Pretoria booked a cooking class with us. We showed them how to break down a pig before they cooked a delicious meal including Braaied deboned Pork leg with salsa and Baked fruit pudding (our recipe of the month) with the first of our mulberries.
Orders for our delicious pork and other farm made products are now open for collection at Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill, or Pretoria Botanical Gardens on 10 October or collection at Wickedfood Earth in Hekpoort by prior arrangement. Please get your order in early to avoid disappointment – orders close at COB on Wednesday 7 October. See below for details, or click here to receive an order form.
On the weekend of 23 to 25 October, we, in conjunction with Puschka Farm, will be running a Weekend Cooking course on South East Asian food. This promises to be a very unique, exclusive, hands-on, fun, spicy, food weekend. See below for more details.
And don’t forget, Wickedfood Earth is the perfect venue for end of year functions, from country cooking classes, to spit braais, cocktail snacks and exclusive gourmet country meals. If you book our venue, you have exclusive use of our facilities. For more information contact Mike: 060 761-0885 or email@example.com or Cilla 076 326-2345.
Orders are now open for drop-off at Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill, or Pretoria Botanical Gardens on 10 October or collection at Wickedfood Earth in Hekpoort by prior arrangement. Please note orders close at COB on Wednesday 7 October.
All our products are made from our own free-range, growth-hormone and antibiotic-free meat, slow grown for maximum flavour. Our meat has no MSG, and is liquid smoke, nitrate & nitrite, gluten and cereal free. Click here to order.
This week’s special
- We have a few porkers of between 20kg and 25kg @ only R50/kg, a real bargain. They are also great for spit braais. For an extra R10/kg we will butcher and package. Porkers are, young pigs under 50kg, slaughtered for fresh meat as opposed to an animal for processing.
- 300g thin breakfast sausage at R30 per pack.
- 400g hot smoked plain and Chourizo pork sausage at R50 per pack.
- 700g whole salamis at only R150 each. Our salamis have been slowly maturing over the winter, and are now at their optimum.
- 100g coppa at R40 per pack – this is a new batch, just out after 4 months of slow curing.
- Goose eggs – the season only lasts about one month, and our geese are laying. 1 goose egg = ±2 extra large chicken eggs, great for omelettes and baking. We are selling them at R15 for 4.
For more information contact Mike: 060 761-0885 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friday 23 to Sunday 25 October – Weekend Cooking course on South East Asian food. Wickedfood Earth, in conjunction with Puschka Farm, will be running a tantalizing taste of South East Asia. The programme is as follows:
- Friday evening we will set the tone with a mouthwatering street-food feast.
- Saturday 2 sessions, exploring the different flavours that go into 3 classic Thai curries as well as other popular Thai dishes, including sour and spicy prawn soup, fish cakes and green papaya salad.
- Sunday we explore the fresh flavours of Vietnam.
This promises to be a very unique, exclusive, hands-on, fun, spicy, food weekend. (Booking essential, limited space, R2 200pp sharing, including all meals, accommodation and drinks. To book contact Linda 083 445-4710, email@example.com).
End of year functions
At Wickedfood we work together with our clients to develop specialised events to suit both the occasion and their budgets. Whether its a team building cooking class, corporate function, product launch, spit braai, cocktail snacks or exclusive gourmet country meals, over the last 15 years, we have been tailor-making food-related functions for our clients. These include:
- Mystery basket cook-offs – we supply each team with the same mystery basket of meat/chicken, seasonal fruit and vegetables. Each team works together to come up with a menu and prepare it, with the help of our staff and a selection of related recipes. At the end of cooking, participants get to enjoy the meal they have cooked together. (Click here to see how much fun these classes are);
- Themed feasts – from suckling pig, lamb or chickens on a spitbraai, to Middle Eastern banquets, themed gourmet sit-down dinners with wine or craft-beer pairing or picnics in our unique indigenous forest – from cocktail snacks to lavish 5-coures events – (Click here to read about a past feast);
- Hands on workshops – from bread and sausage making to butchery and sustainable food gardening, even workshops to teach your staff how to eat healthily and therefore become more productive in the workplace. Wickedfood Earth is a working farm where we practise natural farming methods along organic principles. We are able to offer farm tours from 30 minutes to two hours (which would include an in-depth discussion on ethically raised animals and food security). (Click here for a photo gallery of some of our past classes).
It is through these events that we raise funds for the on-going research and our education programmes. For more information on our extensive corporate, group and individual programmes click here ….
For more information contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org