Driving around the countryside the severity of the present drought really starts to hit home. At Wickedfood Earth we have not had any rain for over a month, and with daily temperatures fluctuating between 35°C and 40°C, everything is suffering under heat stress. We’ve cut our planting programme right back, only concentrating on the vegetable gardens around the cooking school.
With Christmas less than two months away, Wickedfood Earth Farm has some great pork specials for the festive season dinner table. We are offering a ±20kg half pig, butchered, processed and packaged at only R950, that is under R50/kg. If you’re interested, please click here to receive an order form. See the various options below.
We have started making Xmas hams. The first batch has just come out of the smoker and because it is so delicious we want share some with you. We are selling 200g sliced and vacuum packs at only R30. Our whole Xmas hams are between 2,2kg and 4,5kg, at R150/kg – no preservatives, or liquid smoke. We also hot smoked some bellies, delicious thick sliced rashers, plain and in a spicy peach marinade @ R40 for 300g.
Apart from our pork, this week we have been busy making some mutton sausage. We have 4 flavours, spicy North African, summer herb, mint and a Greek style. These are all thin sausages, packaged in 300g.
Orders for our delicious meat and other farm made products are now open for collection at Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill, or Pretoria Botanical Gardens on 7 November or collection at Wickedfood Earth in Hekpoort by prior arrangement. Please get your order in early to avoid disappointment – orders close at COB on Wednesday 4 November. See below for details, or click here to receive an order form.
With the festive season fast approaching, Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School is starting to get busy with end of year functions, from country cooking classes, to spit braais, Thai street food parties and exclusive gourmet country meals. If you book the Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School venue, you have exclusive use of our facilities while you are with us. We still have limited dates available at both Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School and Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill. For more information contact Mike: 060 761-0885 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Cilla 076 326-2345.
Drop-off at Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill, or Pretoria Botanical Gardens on 7 November or collection at Wickedfood Earth in Hekpoort by prior arrangement. Orders close at COB on Wednesday 4 November.
All our products are made from our own free-range, growth-hormone and antibiotic-free meat, slow grown for maximum flavour. Our meat has no MSG, and is liquid smoke, nitrate & nitrite, gluten and cereal free. Click here to order.
This months special
- 20kg 1/2 pigs, butchered, processed and packaged at R950, under R50/kg, a real bargain. Packaging as follows:
- Shoulder cuts (±8kg):
- Neck ±1,5kg – Great as a roast, Asian style bbq,
- Shoulder ±3,5kg – Perfect for casual entertaining, benefits from long slow cooking, try Pulled pork shoulder, Slow Roasted Pork Shoulder, Braised Pork Shoulder; or
- Sausage ±3,5kg, packaged in 500g packs – plain breakfast, Italian style or Chourizo, or 500g packs of mince/stir-fry;
- Ribs ±1kg;
- Soup/stew ±2kg bones, hocks and trotters.
- Mid-section (±6kg):
- Fillet – ±300g
- Loin ±3,5kg – roast , or Loin chops (± 12 x 2 per pack), or half and half;
- Belly ±2,2kg – whole, or hot smoked and cut into rashers.
- Leg (±6kg):
- Roast – 1/2 leg (±3kg) or whole (±4,5kg), fresh, or hot smoked Xmas ham (±2,3kg cooked to 3,4kg cooked);
- Sausage – remaining meat (1,5kg to 3kg) packaged in 500g packs – plain breakfast, Italian style or Chourizo or 500g packs of mince/stir-fry.
- Whole pigs for Spit braai – We have a few ±20kg small pigs, perfect for entertaining large groups @ R50/kg.
- Xmas hams. 200g sliced and vacuum packs at only R30. Our whole Xmas hams are between 2,2kg and 4,5kg, at R150/kg – no preservatives, or liquid smoke (get your orders in early).
- Hot smoked pork belly rashers, delicious thick sliced, plain, and in a spicy peach marinade @ R40 for 300g.
- 300g thin mutton sausage at R40 per pack, 4 flavours – North African, summer herb, mint and a Greek style.
- 300g thin breakfast @ R30 and 500g Chourizo pork sausage @ R50 per pack.
- 700g whole salamis at only R150 each. Our salamis have been slowly maturing over the winter, and are now at their optimum.
- 100g coppa at R40 per pack – this is a new batch, just out after 4 months of slow curing.
For more information contact Mike: 060 761-0885 or email@example.com
End of year functions
At Wickedfood Earth Country cooking school we work together with our clients to develop specialised events to suit both the occasion and their budgets. Whether its a team building cooking class, corporate function, product launch, spit braai, cocktail snacks or exclusive gourmet country meals, over the last 15 years, we have been tailor-making food-related functions for our clients. These include:
- Mystery basket cook-offs – we supply each team with the same mystery basket of meat/chicken, seasonal fruit and vegetables. Each team works together to come up with a menu and prepare it, with the help of our staff and a selection of related recipes. At the end of cooking, participants get to enjoy the meal they have cooked together. (Click here to see how much fun these classes are);
- Themed feasts – from suckling pig, lamb or chickens on a spitbraai, to Middle Eastern banquets, Asian street food party, and themed gourmet sit-down dinners. (Click here to read about a past feast);
It is through these events that we raise funds for the on-going research and our education programmes. For more information on our teambuilding cooking classes, extensive corporate and group programmes click here ….
For more information contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org