June was a busy month for Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School including hosting 2014 Australia Master Chef winner, Brent Owens, for a shoot for his up-coming TV series.
Without the generous support of our corporate clients and cooking workshops, the Wickedfood Earth Farm projects would not be viable. It is through these corporate events and workshops that we are able to generate funds for the on-going research work and food related training that we do. During June we hosted a great Thai Street Food Market Cooking Class for 70 of Growthpoint Properties’ staff members (we will be running a similar class for individuals in August, see below for details).
For July and August Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School will run the following workshops and cooking classes:
- Charcuterie Workshop – Sunday 10 July more …..
- Sausage making Workshop – Sunday 17 July more …..
- Thai Street Food cooking class – Sunday 7 August more …
- Salami making Workshop – Sunday 21 August more …
For our ongoing training we processed the last of our eggplant and made salamis, coppa, pancetta, bacon and a variety of sausages. Regarding our cured products, the first batch is now ready. Due to mid-year school holidays Wickedfood Farth Farm pop-up Deli will not be running this month. Our next pop-up deli will be on Saturday 13 August. Our online shop is however still open with some great specials.
We have prepared a variety of delicious fresh and cured pork from our renowned sliced smoked ham, coppa and hot smoked bacon, to our all-pork sausage and boerewors – Italian style, breakfast, plain pork, venison and chourizo, and a selection of fresh pork cuts. We flash freeze and vacuum seal all our meat to lock in freshness at its peak.
Ordering is simple:
- Click here – to go to the online shop page.
- Scroll through the product categories and choose the products you wish to order.
- Add them to your shopping cart. As you add them a running balance will appear on the top right of the page. To go to different categories, go to products on the top left on the page.
- Once you have finished shopping, click the cart icon on the top right. You will go to your cart page where you have the opportunity to change you order.
- Proceed to checkout (bottom right of the page) – for your own security you need to fill in certain details (not necessary if you want to do an EFT).
- Place order (bottom right of the screen) – you have the choice here of either paying by credit card or EFT.
- Salami – Our first batch of salamis for this year is now ready. They have been maturing slowly for a minimum of 6 weeks in our drying fridges to concentrate the fabulous flavour of our veld raised pork. ±1kg whole salamis R200 each, ±500g half salami vacuum packed R120 each, 200g vacuum packed sliced R40 each.
- Cold smoked bacon – 200g vacuum packs of belly and loin bacon @ R40 each;
- Pomegranate molasses – syrupy and rich, tangy and a little musky with a depth of flavour, great for salad dressing;
- Roasted red pepper, chilli and eggplant relish – made by roasting the vegetable skin which gives the relish a sweet, tangy smokiness, great for dips, or to give extra depth to a dish.
- Spicy curried aubergine relish – a delicious blend of sliced aubergines (eggplant) cooked in a classic sweet/sour curry base, with notes of curry leaf, ginger and cumin. Great as a dip on a mezze platter, or served on the side with grilled fish, or roast meats.
Specials for this week (for collection on Saturday 16 July)
- Pulled pork party pack – 4 x 500g packs pulled pork (each pack will fill 6 rolls generously), 1 x sweet cucumber pickle, 1 x chilli relish, 1 x peach BBQ sauce. @ R300 (you save R60);
- Pork braai pack – 1 x pork boerewors, 1 x pork chops (400g, 2 per pack), 1 x peach BBQ sauce and ±1kg pack pre-cooked, marinated pork ribs, just defrost and finish on the braai. All @ R190 (you save R50);
- Breakfast pack – 1 x breakfast sausage, 1 x pulled pork and 2 x cold smoked bacon (1 x loin and 1 x belly) @ R150 (save R30);
- Sausage medley – 1 of each pork boerewors, venison boerewors, Italian and spicy peach @ R175 (save R25);
- Cold meat lunch pack – 1 x 200g cooked smoked ham, 1x 100g coppa and 1 x 100g salami @ R95 (save R25).
Wickedfood Earth Farm has become synonymous with free-range pork and top quality charcuterie, including our range of sausage, coppa, pancetta, bacon and ham. At our country cooking school we offer hands-on charcuterie courses where we share the knowledge we have accumulated over the last 4 years on processing pork. We also have three exciting events planned for the next two months:
- Sunday 10 July – full day charcuterie workshop including hands-on demonstration of how to break down a pig carcass and the different charcuterie cuts; different cures; and cure your own cuts of meat to take home. R1 290pp, including tea, coffee, snacks, a light lunch, and meat pack. More …
- Sunday 17 July – full day sausage making workshop including the basics of making the perfect pork sausage and boerewors; how spices work and different blends for different types of sausage; Making 3 classic sausages to take home with you – pork boerewors, Italian style and chourizo. R990pp, including tea, coffee, snacks, a light lunch, and meat. More …
- Sunday 7 August – Thai Street Food cooking class – Thai food is one of the great cuisines in the world. Being on the crossroads between north and southern Asia, it has a diversity of flavours. Street food plays an important part in everyday meals offering a kaleidoscope of spicy surprises around every corner. The Wickedfood team has spent collectively over two years in Southeast Asia, visiting the major cooking schools throughout the region, as well as spending numerous hours with street food vendors, learning the secrets of this intriguing cuisine. In this cooking class, we will teach you how to make a variety of easy Thai Street food dishes, for a casual dinner party. More …
- Sunday 21 August – full day salami and dried sausage workshop – including the basics of making the perfect sausage for droewors, carbanossi and salami; How spices work and different blends for different types of dry sausage/salami; and making 3 classic dry sausages, to take home with you. R1 290pp, including tea, coffee, snacks, a light lunch, and meat, see below. More …
To book: Contact Cilla email@example.com 076 236-2345. Ask Cilla for accommodation options in the area.
For more details on the Workshop contact Mike firstname.lastname@example.org or 060 7621-0885.