Wickedfood Earth Community Country Food Market will be running as usual this Saturday from 9am to 11am. New to this week’s market is limited quantities of raw milk from our cows, as well as totally natural yoghurt.
Specials for this week:
Meat – all of our meat is from veld-raised animals, free range, antibiotic and hormone free. Special cuts for this week include:
- Meaty pork and lamb bones for making hearty winter soups;
- Pork belly and leg roasts;
- Spicy hot smoked pork sausage – plain and chourizo;
- Lamb ribs, delicious for slow roasting, kleftiko style;
- Charcuterie we have a new batch, out from the curing fridge – coppa, loin and pancetta;
- Kale – one of winter’s super foods;
- Green onions
- Jerusalem artichokes;
- Sweet potatoes;
- Pecan nuts, shelled and unshelled.
- Ready-made meals – roasted vegetables and Lebanese bean stew.
- Strawberry, blackberry and raspberry jam;
- A delicious selection of citrus marmalades from this season’s fruit;
- Guavas in syrup and guava jam.
- Vegetable chutney.
Eggs – Free range and farm fresh
Baked goods – Rusks, koeksisters and Lamingtons
Hope to see you at the market.
Wickedfood Pop-Up Restaurant (R250pp, bring your own drinks)
On Saturday 2 August at 6pm Wickedfood Cooking School, Sunninghill, will be converted into a bistro restaurant serving a 4-course set menu consisting of a pork charcuterie plate, winter soup, a delicious pork and winter vegetables main, and finally dessert prepared by Fiona Cooper, former pastry chef of The Test Kitchen. We will be showcasing the free-range, organic products from Wickedfood Earth Farm in a sophisticated yet homely manner, a play on comfort food to warm the soul. To book – 076 236 2345 or email email@example.com.
Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School programme
Sunday 10 August at 9:30am – Making the most of pork (R495pp, No children under 16).
A step-by-step hands-on demonstration on how to cook good quality free-range pork. Learn the basics of cooking the 4 major roasts from a small pig, as well as the secrets of how to stuff and roll a belly, slow roast shoulder of pork for pulled pork, make pan roasted pork fillet with a pancetta skin and how to cook the perfect quick and easy stir-fry.
Sunday 24 August at 9:30am – Delicious lamb (R495pp, No children under 16).
An interactive full-day workshop, on how to make the perfect slow roast shoulder of lamb (Greek or kleftiko style), a classic lamb curry, French trim a rack of lamb and roast it, and hot smoking a perfect leg of lamb in a kettlebraai.
For details contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org