Due to cold winter mornings, and later sunrises, the Wickedfood Earth Community Country Food Market will run for the next few months from 9am to 11am at the premises of the Wickedfood Country Cooking School. This food market links local producers to consumers, as well as provides a location where foodies can get together for a quick cup of coffee, cake and chat. All food sold at this market is seasonal, locally grown and produced.
Specials for this week:
- Meat – all of our meat is from veld-raised animals, free range, antibiotic and hormone free. Special cuts for this week include:
- Salt pork and cured pork hocks, perfect for slow braising or making hearty winter soups;
- Kassler – smoked pork loin chops;
- Spicy pork, peach flavoured sausage;
- Lamb ribs, plain, salted or smoked – perfect for slow roasting in an oven or on the braai;
- Charcuterie – coppa, loin, pancetta and brawn;
- Boerewors and Droewors.
- Fruit and vegetables
- We have a special this week on green and red pepperdews – R10/kg.
- The last of this season’s eggplant and garlic;
- Pumpkin, Jerusalem artichokes, kale and orange sweet potatoes;
- The first of this year’s pecan nut harvest.
- Ready-made meals – roasted vegetables and Lebanese bean stew.
- Preserves – Strawberry, blackberry and raspberry jam.
- Tea garden
- Summer berry cake – with the last of our summer berries;
- Breakfast pitta – filled with our very own beef mince and fried egg.
Hope to see you at the market.
P.S. – next Sunday, 18 May, we will be running a suckling pig cooking class. We still have 2 spaces open for this class. See the website for details or contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org