” ……we learnt about loads of different flavours and techniques…..really worth it!! We absolutely loved our hosts, Mike and Cilla, they really went out of their way to make sure we had a great time…..“ – Jesse, Tripadvisor.
Spend a day, a weekend or a week on Wickedfood Earth Farm, partaking in the daily life of the farm, enjoying hearty organically grown farm food, and learning new cooking skills, from cooking with seasonal organic ingredients, to growing vegetables, making sausage and cured meats, baking bread, or learning new recipes in our Foods of the World workshops.
Wickedfood Earth Farm is located on a sustainable working farm, following organic farming philosophies. We are all about research and training. Our main focus is on sustainable agriculture and farm to fork eating. Through the Country Cooking School we share the lessons learned and knowledge accumulated on food and sustainable farming practises with people who wish to experience first hand the information we have gathered.
We offer a wide variety of events including:
- In-depth farm/food experiences – 2 to 4 days of pure food indulgence cooking, eating and participating in the daily activities on our working organic farm and Country Cooking School, where you’ll learn to cook some delicious seasonal dishes more…;
- Foods of the World – Spend a relaxing one to two nights plus a full day of pure food indulgence at our working organic farm, Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School. In these 2 hands-on master-class workshops during the day, we’ll teach you to cook food from one of our in-depth cuisine driven Foods of the World experiences. More….
- Half-day food workshop – spend a relaxing half-day of cooking on our working organic farm, enjoying a ±4 hour cooking workshop followed by a hearty country feast at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School. Cook from one of our many mouth watering menus form Country farm seasonal food, where you will get an insight into the farm’s workings, to one of our in-depth cuisine driven Foods of the World experiences. More…
- Scheduled food workshops and cooking classes – We host a variety of scheduled food related workshops from teaching forgotten skills and seasonal cooking workshops, to cooking classes on foods from around the world, growing food, and a lot more. More…
- Charcuterie workshops – Wickedfood Earth Farm Country Cooking School has become synonymous with free-range pork and top quality charcuterie, including our range of sausage, coppa, pancetta, bacon and ham. At the cooking school we offer hands-on charcuterie workshops where we share the knowledge we have accumulated over the years on processing pork and other meats. More…;
- Agri Country Lunches – we now offer our popular gourmet country lunches 7 days a week (subject to a minimum booking of 8 people). The Cooking School prepares a generous country mezze lunch, using the very best local grown, seasonal produce. Our country lunches, cooked by the country cooking school team, are built around the best naturally grown ingredients available from Wickedfood Earth Farm and surrounding small scale producers. More….
Research – a number of projects on sustainability, ranging from indigenous chickens, the long term effect of global warming on fruit trees, the viability of free-range veld-raised pig farming for the South African environment, and research on viability of the different poultry and pig breeds is being carried out at Wickedfood Earth Farm.
All activities held at Wickedfood Earth Farm are subject to our standard terms and conditions.