(See below for special events – pre-booking essential, for your own protection access to the property is only granted to those people with paid up pre-bookings.)
On selected Sundays and public holidays Wickedfood Earth Farm prepares a mezze country lunch, using the very best local grown, seasonal produce. Our country lunches, cooked by the country cooking school team, are built around the best naturally grown ingredients available from Wickedfood Earth Farm and surrounding small scale producers. The Wickedfood Earth Farm food gardens around the lunch area have been internationally recognized by Slow Food. A number of items offered on our Sunday lunch platters are also available for sale through our farm deli on the day that we hold events and country lunches on the farm. For certain items it is advisable to pre-order to avoid disappointment.
Wickedfood Earth Farm & Country Cooking School is proud to be a member of Slow Food Chefs’ Alliance, South Africa. The Alliance is an international network of chefs who are committed to promoting small-scale, locally produced “good, clean and fair” foods, safeguarding agricultural biodiversity at risk of extinction and giving visibility and the proper value to their supplying producers. www.slowfoodfoundation.com/alliance.
Our lunches are in the form of a selection of ±20 generous mezza dishes to share, all prepared with a strong emphases on our seasonal farm produce including:
- Freshly baked farm bread, baked in the country cooking school’s kitchens;
- award winning artisan cured meats and farm made soft cheeses made at the country cooking school;
- farm made Pâtés, pies, and terrines;
- homemade pickles all produced in the country cooking school kitchens;
- freshly made dips from organically grown vegetables and herbs (we even make our own tahini sauce) from the country cooking school’s internationally recognized food gardens;
- imaginative salads of fruit and vegetables also from the country cooking schools food gardens;
- Farm-made seasonal dessert.
- 21 March – Mezze country lunch
- 16 December – Xmas workshop, market and country lunch
- Mezze country lunch, served from 12 to 2pm – R255pp (see separate costings for special lunches);
- Please note we are not licensed so you are welcome to bring your own drinks and ice. We supply jugs of chilled water on the tables.
Space for these special exclusive lunch events, at Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School, is limited to a maximum of 40, so book early to avoid disappointment. Guests will have a choice of sitting at our magnificent communal long table, or for parties of 4, 6, 8 or 10 at their own tables (or with enough lead-in time, you can book the venue for an exclusive event). For more information, or to book Contact Cilla on 076 236-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org Up-front booking essential, no booking confirmed without payment in full, no refunds, no children under 12 (terms and conditions apply). For your own protection, access to the property is only granted those people with bookings.