Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School
Charcuterie Workshops 2018
Wickedfood Earth Farm has become synonymous with free-range pork and top quality charcuterie, including our range of sausage, coppa, pancetta, bacon and ham. At our country cooking school we offer hands-on charcuterie workshops where we share the knowledge we have accumulated over the years on processing pork and other meats. Included in the price is coffee and tea on arrival, the in-depth hands-on workshop, and lunch. To give every participant a good hands-on experience these classes are limited to a maximum of 10 participants per workshop.
Dates for 2018:
- Saturday 20 October – Whole Muscle Curing Workshop from 9:30am.
- Saturday 10 November – Sausage and Salami making Workshop from 9:30am
Alternatively if you are able to get a group of 10 people together we will run a charcuterie workshop exclusively for you and to sweeten the deal will offer you one free space.
Charcuterie Workshop Overview
Charcuterie Workshop cooking classes on offer from Wickedfood Earth Country Cooking School in 2018 are:
- Whole Muscle Curing Workshop – including how to break down a pig for charcuterie – Saturday 20 October, starts 9:30am sharp. (R1 200pp). Techniques covered include:
- Hands-on demonstration of how to break down a pig and removing the different charcuterie cuts;
- Different cures for coppa, pancetta, bacon, ham, and
- Hands-on demonstration on how to prepare, apply cure and age the different cuts of meat;
- The art of wet curing or brining, and how to make the perfect ham;
- The secrets of hot smoking at home.
- Sausage and Salami making Workshop – Saturday 10 November starts 9:30am sharp. (R1 300pp including extensive notes, and lunch). Techniques covered include:
- The basics of making the perfect pork sausage and boerewors, and the difference between them;
- How spices work and different blends for different types of sausage;
- How to develop your own unique sausage blends;
- The basics of making the perfect meat and spice mix for classic pork salami;
- Hands-on workshop, grinding, spicing and stuffing. Make 3 classic sausages and one salami – our classic award-winning boerewors, breakfast pork, chourizo and pork salami.
For more information, or to book Contact
Cilla on 076 236-2345 or email@example.com
Classes are limited to a maximum of 10 students for these hands-on cooking classes. (Terms and conditions apply)